Sunday, October 19, 2008

Resume


480 276-1505
Scottsdale, AZ Mccloseplus3@cox.net


Mark D. Close

Objective I am searching to secure a teaching position in a K-8 Catholic School.

Summary of
Qualifications I have held and currently hold a paid coaching position in Scottsdale
Unified School District; specifically Chaparral High School as freshman
girl’s basketball coach.

I have been an employee and coach through the City of Scottsdale
Program and coached the Boy’s 5th & 6th grade basketball teams from
OLPH.

I have coached through Boys & Girls Club, Little League, YMCA and Pony
Baseball. I am also currently Cubmaster for Pack 446 - OLPH.

Education 2004 Indiana University Northwest Campus Gary, IN
Associate of Arts in General Studies

( Completion Dec.) 2008 Arizona State - University College Tempe, AZ
Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies
( Education & Business )

Professional 1996 -2006 I have held claims adjuster positions at different insurance Experience companies that include Scottsdale Insurance Company, Republic
Western Insurance and Crawford & Company.

Professional Licensed Claims Adjuster in the State of Arizona
Memberships

References Father Tom Hever 480-874-3720 Dr. Bobbie Sferra 480 423-6217
Principal Shaun Holmes 480 484-2610

Extracurricular Cub Scouts & Boy Scouts, Child Liturgy at OLPH, Men of OLPH
Activities

1 comment:

BIS401 Dr. Hirshorn said...

Hi Mark,
Your resume still needs a lot of work and I would highly suggest bringing it to Career Counseling for extra help. Here are a few general comments: Don't use I statements anywhere on your resume. I would rewrite your objective to state something like "To obtain a position as a K-8 Catholic school teacher." Again in your summary don't use I statements. I would also bullet your summary. Along with your degree I would list your GPA or major GPA. Use action statements to describe your post positions. Also, list the company, location and dates of employment. Take off your references.

Hope that this helps. Good luck!

Dr. Jessica