Sunday, November 23, 2008

Week 12 - Improvements & Suggestions

A reminder to readers I am doing my internship at a Scottsdale public school and I work with the Principal and observe the behind the scenes activities of a school Principal.  The first suggestion I would make is to make sure all the teachers and staff know how to work e-mail and make sure they understand that this is how the administration will be communicating with them. Communication is key in any school environment and especially because the school day goes by so fast as it is you do not have time to duplicate efforts.  I would want to make the lunch period a little longer or speed the process up on how kid's get their food.  I would love to do research on how other schools feed their students and do a paper on it. I think music needs to be played while the students eat and this will make the experience a little more relaxing. The school I internship at lines the kids up outside on the basketball courts and then they proceed to their class when the bell rings with the teacher leading the way. I think kids should report to their class rooms and I think that would save some time at the beginning of the school day. I have 2 sons in another Scottsdale public school and I feel the school I am at does a great job educating their students and my suggestions are just that suggestions.  My last suggestion is that I feel interns should have a parking space - it's hard to find a good parking space. :) 

1 comment:

Adrian Tapetillo said...

Hey Mark, this is Adrian. Hey, I think that is a great idea to implement music into the kids lunch hour, since there have been studies done showing that music can have a postive effect on multiple aspects in childrens life. I would definately say though, that one of the biggest issues that you mentioned would be the communication aspect between the principal and the teachers. From a Communication aspect I know firsthand that it is one of the most important aspects in anything we do in life and without it, things cannot flow smoothly. It would be most beneficial for a large meeting to be called with the faculty of teachers, aides and the principal of the school to discuss how lack of communication actually leads to lack of time proper conduct in many areas and everyone with a mess. Well good luck with everything and hopefully soon you will get your own parking spot, dude.